View Single Post

Old 11-14-2018, 02:54 AM
Something for the Posts

Default What Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora agree on

And I'M the conspiracy nut? This is nuts even by MY standards, LOL!

Quote:
Bon Jovi on tour: What Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora agree on

Asbury Park Press: Although they're no longer touring together, former bandmates Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora are of the same mind when it comes to slowing things down a bit.

Case in point, Bon Jovi is headed out on the road again. The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers play six dates in Japan and Australia Nov. 26 through Dec. 8, and then there are more shows in Europe and Russia May through June next summer.

“In truth I think that we pace it a lot better than we did in the beginning,” said Jon Bon Jovi (to) Sky News...last month. “When you’re a kid and you have nothing else to do and nowhere else to go, living out of a suitcase is not only romantic but it’s smart because you need to go out there and learn to work in front of audiences around the globe...

“That’s how we cut our teeth. We weren’t afraid of doing 240 shows in a tour in a year and then doing it again the next year ... I have no desire to do that any longer. So these (tours) are much more civil. I don’t feel the need or the desire to live out of a suitcase as much.”

...Richie Sambora, upon exiting the band in the middle of tour Because We Can tour in 2013, cited what he felt was excessive touring as part of his reason for leaving...(He told) Rolling Stone when the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April..."(W)e weren’t a band that took a lot of time off. My daughter needed me at that time; my dad’s dying of cancer. I was in the middle of a (blanky) divorce, and I busted my shoulder up...(I)t was like, 'You know, I think the universe is telling me to take a break for a while.'"

So, it seems that Bon Jovi and Sambora are of the same mind now, at least when it comes to touring.
So in the absence of any direct quotes from anybody, APP decided to stitch together a story with something Jon said last month and something Richie said over six months ago? It's a conspiracy, all right -- to make TMZ look classy!

Quote:
Sambora, along with “Stranger Things” star Gaten Matarazzo, headline the “Unbreakable” anti-bullying forum presented by the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, Thursday, Nov. 15, at the RWJ Barnabas Health Arena in Toms River.
Richie's due to be in New Jersey the day after tomorrow? I hope that means that he and Ava have long since evacuated from Los Angeles ahead of the forest fires that have the temerity to invade even its wealthiest neighborhoods.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-16-2018 at 07:26 PM..