View Single Post

Old 06-24-2019, 05:41 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

The problem with Bon Jovi as a live act is that they're known for high energy performances with good levels of musicianship and singing.

Hugh could play his role well into his 80s because he just stands around and has a physically undemanding instrument. David could too, just with less jumping around at the keyboards.

The issues start to arise with Tico, who still has to play the drums hard and fast because the songs demand that style. If he came out on the next show and gave 50% the shows would crumble. Something has to give in this circumstance. Either shorter shows or a replacement which I'd hate to see.

Jon can't really sing anymore but he's refound some of his movement and stage presence that abandoned him in recent years. His voice pretty much goes at the end of sets which are considerably shorter than previous tours.

Richie coming back won't help any of those problems but could add an element of prestige to help ticket sales. I doubt it will happen though. As much as I love Richie it looks like booze is his no.1 career path.

The only way I can see things panning out favourably for the current line up on a tour 2-3 years from now are 1hr30m shows with bigger production values.

Last edited by ticos_stick; 06-24-2019 at 05:44 PM..