Thread: What Next ?
View Single Post

Old 11-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
I really don't see any way for Bon Jovi to have a huge album or hit single now. Richie or no Richie, it's really not going to make much difference. I think those days are gone. However a farewell reunion tour with Richie would be friggin huge! I really don't see any other option other than the downward spiral that they are currently on...
I would have to agree, there wasn't much hit singles or chart topping albums even when Richie was onboard and if there was success it was somewhat minor meaning chart topping in different countries. Reunion touring is basically where all the money is at, I sure as hell would pay to see the original 5 members live in concert one last time.

But what I will say album-wise when Jon wrote and record pop oriented songs like Born To Follow or the travesty which is Because We Can, Richie's vocals and guitar work kinda made it bearable. If you were to hypothetically remove Richie's vocals and guitar work from Born To Follow you would end up with it sounding like LImitless.