Thread: What Next ?
View Single Post

Old 11-23-2020, 03:15 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
I would have to agree, there wasn't much hit singles or chart topping albums even when Richie was onboard and if there was success it was somewhat minor meaning chart topping in different countries. Reunion touring is basically where all the money is at, I sure as hell would pay to see the original 5 members live in concert one last time.

But what I will say album-wise when Jon wrote and record pop oriented songs like Born To Follow or the travesty which is Because We Can, Richie's vocals and guitar work kinda made it bearable. If you were to hypothetically remove Richie's vocals and guitar work from Born To Follow you would end up with it sounding like LImitless.
While neither here nor there as a fact, I am convinced Shanks played the lead main riff of Born to Follow. That echo, palm-muted riff that Bobby did live. The tone sounds just like him and Richie hasn't done it a single time live. Just some food for thought that our brain conditions us based on what we think we're hearing.