View Single Post

Old 05-30-2022, 02:24 AM
Jovi Fan

Album sales are irrelevant these days for established old acts. They might do them as a hobby for years and years or we might never see one again. It completely depends if they want to do an album, if they want to write songs for it.

It's a long and winding road to a legacy act and they are already on the way. The chance for another hit are practically non existant. Rock is about as relevant in pop culture as jazz was when BJ was the hottest thing on earth. The chance of genuine new fans - young fans - is closing in on zero. There are some, of course, due to the massive massive legacy but new songs if there are any won't be it.

Am I being pessimistic? No, I don't think so. Legacy acts are completely fine in my opinion. They serve the fans like us just fine. Pessimistic is: It's the end due to the voice issues of Jon. It could be largely solved with backing singers that wouldn't be too much of a distraction with an act as big as BJ. Vince Neil who never could sing live used them and got away with it. Or it's the end due to the disinterest of Jon. That one couldn't be solved.

Optimistic: Richie who seems better these days joins back in, Jon's voice therapy works at least a bit and they get a trio of good back up singers on stage and go on and make a bloody good tour out of it all. Damn that would be nice. And I would not give a single fak even if some papers would call them a "legacy act".

Last edited by QUceK1WV8; 05-30-2022 at 02:26 AM..