Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

What songs do you think should go on 'Strum As You Are'?

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 08-28-2003, 09:49 PM
RichieW2001's Avatar
RichieW2001 RichieW2001 is offline
Senior Member
Midnight on JoviTalk
 
Join Date: 27 Jan 2003
Location: Manchester (for good)
Posts: 10,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashjbj
Don't really care about the whole album, as long as Blood on Blood, These Days and This ain't a love song is on there!

Tash
i can see only 1 of those being on.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Tashjbj's Avatar
Tashjbj Tashjbj is offline
Killer Queen
Slippery When Wet
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 51
Gender: female
Posts: 25,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieW2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashjbj
Don't really care about the whole album, as long as Blood on Blood, These Days and This ain't a love song is on there!

Tash
i can see only 1 of those being on.
I bet only Blood on Blood... I want These Days!!!!

Tash
__________________


Well it ain't no secret
I've been around a time or two
Well I don't know baby maybe you've been around too
Well there's another dance
all you gotta do is say yes
And if you're rough and ready for love
honey I'm tougher than the rest
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-28-2003, 10:14 PM
Mousebounce's Avatar
Mousebounce Mousebounce is offline
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 01 Dec 2002
Location: New Jersey
Age: 51
Gender: female
Posts: 16,193
Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce
Default

Blood on Blood and Wild Is The Wind and Living In Sin..life would be good.
__________________
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Neurotica80 Neurotica80 is offline
Senior Member
Last Man Standing
 
Join Date: 30 Nov 2002
Age: 44
Gender: female
Posts: 26,849
Default

Ihope they do include Never say goodbye, Ilove the Acc version of that song. Also Born to be my baby, I know theyll have to include some Bounce songs, but I hope one of them isnt Everyday
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Kathleen's Avatar
Kathleen Kathleen is offline
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 05 Feb 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 75
Gender: female
Posts: 17,263
Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen
Default

They were performing an acoustic version of Something to Believe In for a few shows. I'd like that too.

Kathleen
__________________

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Matteo's Avatar
Matteo Matteo is offline
Senior Member
Livin' on a Post
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 343
Send a message via ICQ to Matteo Send a message via MSN to Matteo
Default

This can be the acoustic album tracklist in my opinion, according to recent acoustic shows, and according with the fact that Jon said there will be 2 new songs and at least 2 covers in an overall album of 15/16 tracks:

01. NEW SONG (A fast/midtempo one, to use for the first single, why not call this "Strum as you are"? )
02. IT'S MY LIFE
03. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH
04. THE DISTANCE
05. KEEP THE FAITH
06. ALWAYS
07. IT'S MY LIFE
08. NEW SONG (A slow one, you know, Bon Jovi can't miss a slow song!)
09. LOLA or CELLULOID HEROES (not bad ideas, do you agree?)
10. SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN
11. WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
12. LIVING IN SIN
13. THESE DAYS
14. LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
15. BLOOD ON BLOOD
16. STICK TO YOUR GUNS
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Captain Walrus's Avatar
Captain Walrus Captain Walrus is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: West Sussex, UK
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 11,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteocam
This can be the acoustic album tracklist in my opinion, according to recent acoustic shows, and according with the fact that Jon said there will be 2 new songs and at least 2 covers in an overall album of 15/16 tracks:

01. NEW SONG (A fast/midtempo one, to use for the first single, why not call this "Strum as you are"? )
02. IT'S MY LIFE
03. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH
04. THE DISTANCE
05. KEEP THE FAITH
06. ALWAYS
07. IT'S MY LIFE
08. NEW SONG (A slow one, you know, Bon Jovi can't miss a slow song!)
09. LOLA or CELLULOID HEROES (not bad ideas, do you agree?)
10. SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN
11. WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
12. LIVING IN SIN
13. THESE DAYS
14. LIVIN' ON A PRAYER
15. BLOOD ON BLOOD
16. STICK TO YOUR GUNS
I thinks its a bit... well, there aren't many surprises, are there?

Keep On Rockin'
__________________


Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-28-2003, 11:52 PM
Tashjbj's Avatar
Tashjbj Tashjbj is offline
Killer Queen
Slippery When Wet
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 51
Gender: female
Posts: 25,076
Default

I like the idea Matteocam, although I don't really like the idea of covers. If this is Bon Jovi acoustic, I think it should just be Bon Jovi songs.

Tash
__________________


Well it ain't no secret
I've been around a time or two
Well I don't know baby maybe you've been around too
Well there's another dance
all you gotta do is say yes
And if you're rough and ready for love
honey I'm tougher than the rest
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Jag's Avatar
Jag Jag is offline
Senior Member
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: By God's Side
Posts: 3,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashjbj
I like the idea Matteocam, although I don't really like the idea of covers. If this is Bon Jovi acoustic, I think it should just be Bon Jovi songs.

Tash
agreed...i means its why its called a 'BON JOVI" album...
__________________


There are people dancing on what
they perceive to be our grave
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-29-2003, 12:05 AM
Matteo's Avatar
Matteo Matteo is offline
Senior Member
Livin' on a Post
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Italy
Age: 39
Gender: male
Posts: 343
Send a message via ICQ to Matteo Send a message via MSN to Matteo
Default

I perfectly aggree about the covers, but this is just what Jon said: there will be at least 2 covers on the album, and I was trying to predict the most realistic tracklist (Just STICK TO YOUR GUNS is a my secret dream, never say never with this, but I have to renounce to DRY COUNTY, there's about the -99% - minus ninetynine percent - of possibility IMO, it's a pity!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
strum as you are, this left feels right

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.