View Single Post

Old 10-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
I wasn’t a die hard until 2008, so I can’t comment on anything before that.

But I remember watching the Tampa and Cleveland webcasts in the 2013 tour and noticing how he was having a harder time keeping up with HAND, BTBMB, ITA, and the long note of MAM when comparing it to the 2008-2011 period. Always sounded much thinner, and it was noticeable that he had much less control of his voice than just two years before. But he was still bearable to listen to.

Then I heard Hey God in Bergen and I knew right there that we were in deep trouble. It all went downhill after that.

Cheers

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From mid-2013 onwards he was struggling noticeably on many songs, usually at every show. The beginning of the real decline was that summer, first signs could probably be seen even in 2012 (Greenbrier Classics festival etc. weren't that impressive), but the point where he could no longer sing properly at all was reached in 2015, I'd say - struggling on every note. He'd have the occasional decent night (when he'd have less/milder issues) every now and then until Wembley 2019, but since Coventry/Munich/whatever in '19 he's performed nothing but awful shows.