View Single Post

Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Wasn't there a rumor that Jon had said something nasty to Richie after Stephanie's OD? Something along the lines of, I'd expect this from your daughter not mine. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, there was. It was one of many "reasons" that cropped up in the tabloid wars, along with:
  • disagreements over money,
  • Jon belittling Richie,
  • Dorothea wanting Richie off the tour because he partied too hard and was a bad influence,
  • Richie being cut loose because his substance abuse created so many problems for the band,
  • Jon holding Richie back creatively,
  • Richie wanting to focus on NikkiRich,
and others I can't recall right now.

All of them were based on "information" received from "sources", so most of the time they were treated with the same liberal skepticism they deserved. I think the only times people really put any stock into any of them were in cases where a particular "reason" coincided with their own previously held assumptions about what happened.

For what it's worth, I personally believe that if Jon actually said those words, it would have been in a tongue-in-cheek, or even self-deprecating way. I could be wrong, but I would hope that neither of them would seriously use the other's child to win a point in an argument. JMO