View Single Post

Old 04-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
This is a viewpoint that wasn't expressed before, so I'll throw it in now. Richie had said he wanted to tour less to spend more time with family. Jon didn't want to accept that - it's his name, his band, he sets the tour schedule, etc. I think Stephanie's (Jon's daughter's) heroin overdose scared Richie, who wanted to spend more time with his daughter Ava as a result. Tons of social media pics after Richie left the band of he and Ava. I can just imagine some sort of huge fight over Richie saying something to Jon about his daughter's overdose and "you couldn't even look after your own kid". All speculation of course, I have no evidence to support this argument, but it would make sense considering the timing and the "keep it in the family" party line Bon Jovi has always taken about inter-band conflict. Just food for thought.
I totally agree with you. Richie made it known they weren't ready to go back on the road but Jon insisted. He probably just got tired of having no say. That being said, after seeing the band at MSG, Richie is sorely missed. I am no Richie Fanboy by any stretch, but Jon should really rethink things considering Richie could at least help out with Jon's shit voice lately. After downloading the show it is painfully obvious just how bad it is now.