View Single Post

Old 06-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Sorry if I sound like a dick, but what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

Jon never took care of his voice by a) smoking like a chimney and (more importantly) b) singing in an unsustainable manner at the top of his range. He's had many declines over the years, but it finally caught up to him and in 2013 he fell of a cliff. The end.
It's not only his voice - it's also his passion of artistry and overall delivery. In the first two videos you can clearly see (and hear) Jon feel every word he sings. He puts so much emotion into his singing and the overall performance, and holds absolutely nothing back. Can you say the same about the last two clips? Besides sounding like the worst pile of shit humanly imaginable, Jon looks like a used toy robot that hasn't had its batteries changed in years. He sure as hell doesn't look like he wanted to be on stage that night. Especially the version of Always is a literal struggle of death, leaving Jon look extremely frustrated and pissed off on several occasions. That said, I don't know if it's more due to his own disappointment about the vocal results than him actually being down. I'd say it's a combination of both, but what do you think?

In my eyes, Jon hasn't looked to be honestly enjoying himself on stage since 2011. That didn't matter in May/June 2013 yet, as many shows were still enjoyable (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Oslo, Manchester, Birmingham, Slane, Sunderland, Berlin, Cologne, Prague, Milan, Bern), but IMO from July '13 onwards JBJ has been running more or less on autopilot.

Last edited by BJFan99; 06-13-2017 at 04:59 PM..