The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
For me (rather surprisingly), this:

https://youtu.be/BU8s9k0kKRs

Yeah, the verses are a bit choppy and he's shortening notes here and there, but on the choruses his tone is strong and he manages to hit the high notes without having to seemingly push the veins out of his head.

Which song/performance do you think has been Jon's latest real vocal highlight?
If you've got to disect a song into pieces in order to find a vocal highlight it's not really a highlight now, is it? It's a bit of a stretch to say his tone is great in the chorus when he's still singing tanaijujujujt instead of tonight. What's next, pointing out syllables and say he's pronouncing the second half of a word really well? Sure, this sounds better than most of the shit from last year but it's still really awful and at times he sounds like a pub singer doing this for karaoke night.

He's "lucky" he's singing this in arena's with loads of echo and crowd noises. Would he do this song in theaters he'd be a lot more exposed and a lot more people would realize his voice is shot to bits. I really don't understand why people on this board think this stuff is acceptable, it's as if they've got no proper benchmark and/or no musical ear at all.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan