View Single Post

Old 10-24-2018, 03:00 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I've voted Axl. He's had a window in his career when he'd sound amazing but this was 87-91. After, he was always pretty much hit and miss. People look back on the UYI tours thinking it was all brilliant but on many nights Axl sounded awful. Good on one song, terrible on the next batch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0r View Post
Axl has indeed had major voice issues 2010-2014, he straight up sounded like Mickey Mouse. I imagine he started working with a vocal coach, because he has been on point since the GNR reunion. Anyone online saying otherwise is just trolling the fan base.
Yeah, or he's/she's just not as deaf as you are.

Axl sounds dreadful when singing the Guns N' Roses stuff. Yes, he sounded brilliant during the AXl/DC shows but ever since GnR reunited he's grown back into doing Mickey Mouse. You're not able to hear so in concert because he gets drowned in the mix but just click on any song from the reunion tour and it sounds dreadful.

The sad thing is he deliberately sounds like this because he's working with a vocal coach. His original way of singing was damaging his vocal chords so he's had to resort to another way of singing which is this weird falsetto sound he's making nowadays. There's the occasional raspy scream or verse but for the most part his range is gone.

Quote:
Yes, his public ego was his worst enemy but that aside, he's actually very similar to Jon on multiple levels. He's very business savvy. He obviously owns the GnR name and one of the reasons why he got rid of Slash, Duff and some of the others is because of their self destructive ways.
Suuuure. Because Axl wasn't self-destructive with the many lawsuits, numerous anger issues, mental breakdowns, many delays, huge studio bills and let's not forget, the many yes-people he surrounded himself with.

Axl got rid of Slash, Duff and pretty much everyone else because he had a vision for GnR the others just didn't want to be part off. It's been well documented as long as you stick to the facts as opposed to whatever bullshit Axl, Slash and to a certain extent, Duff spout off in interviews.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan