View Single Post

Old 03-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
It boggles my mind that so many Bon Jovi fans and so many Keith fans are thinking they sound "just alike." I'm an ardent fan of both. But, I'm pretty sure that if I were a fan one and not the other, I could still tell their voices apart. Granted, I WAS surprised at how Keith was singing in Jon's style to fit the song. It made me realize they're voices were somewhat similar (which probably explains why I fell in love with Keith's music in the first place LOL). I think part of the reason it seems difficult is that it's not a fully produced/mixed song, so it's not as crystal clear as the other songs.

But, for the record, "Our voices are too similar" is the nice way of saying, "The labels and management companies couldn't work it out." Jennifer = same label = a lot less red tape.
As individual singers, I agree, they do not sound anything like each other, however on that song I really struggled to hear Keith. And because Jon is singing lead vocals anyway you would expect him to have the dominant voice. Maybe if Jon and Keith had taken it in turns each to sing a verse then it would have made it a whole lot easier to instantly recognise Keith. Wouldn't it be great to see them performing that song live?