View Single Post

Old 06-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
I think Something To Believe In was as well, but I'm not sure, it's been too long since I've heard the album. A casual listener won't hear it but someone who knows Bon Jovi live versions by heart does.
Yep, it is as well. The second solo is cut out. Knowing the original live versions I can't listen to those edits. I really miss the second chorus at the end of Prayer for example. If I ever listen to it, I only play IML, Keep The Faith, Rockin' In The Free World, Wanted and Just Older, all the other were somehow crippled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
This shows that it was just an album for the newly gained fans after the success of Crush and It's My Life. To introduce some of the back catalogue and especially Bon Jovi as a live band.
When I became a real fan in 2002 (I already liked them since Crossroad but was just too young to become something like a fan) I absolutely loved this live album - because I had absolutely no idea. But with all those bootlegs being around I quickly lost interest in that album and haven't listened to it from start to finish for probably 12-15 years or something.
Despite my comment above, it really did what you write. It was my first BJ CD and after knowing a few tracks from the radio and totally loving IML which was just everywhere at that time, I really got into listening to live songs and it made me search for bootlegs were early on and it kinda defines me now

On the other hand - the whole collection is strange. There are a few obvious choices but some other are not. Why I Don't Like Mondays? Or Rockin' In The Free World? I love the latter one and I'm happy to have but being allowed to release a one disc live album, it makes no sense to include two covers there given the catalogue they had. Also Something To Believe In on Something For The Pain make no sense as they didn't play them live during that period and even after. And I could live without Runaway and In And Out Of Love.
It would totally make sense to make an album from 1995-2000 to keep the songs vocally close to what Jon sounded in 2001. LOAP, Bad Name, KTF, Bad Medicine all make sense. Just Older as a cool new live track too to represent Crush. Then Bed Of Roses or I'll Be There For You, These Days if they felt the need to include something from that album. I know it would be boring for diehard fans but to serve the purpose in times before internet providing chances to listen to live tracks, it would make sense to present their biggest hits in live setting to motivate people to see them live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The record company had been planning the big anniversary release of New Jersey for 2013, a band album in 2014 and some whatever-contractual release in 2015. This would've added up in the timeline since 2013 was the 25th anniversary of the New Jersey album, there would've been the room for proper solo endeavours or simply breaks and they could've re-gathered around 1.5 years later for the next album.

I'd even go as far as saying that if they had stuck to that schedule, we'd still roughly have a Bon Jovi of 2011 with only natural further decline in music and voice instead of the train wreck there is today.
Amen! (Not the song.. )
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights