View Single Post

Old 03-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Posting everyday

Default Why can't they just give us proper live recordings?

I honestly don't get it - what's the point behind this? On the one hand, they are too lazy to really take stuff out of their vaults that would be new and welcomed by the fans, on the other hand they (Obie?) invest a lot of time in editing together bogus live versions...

Just to clarifiy:
Dry County (B-side of the single / Milton Keynes 1993):
Recently, I found an audio tape of night 2 from that gig. Night 1 had been broadcasted by the BBC and they didn't play Dry County. So we all assumed that it must've simply been taken from night 2 like stated on the single. The version of night 2 simply has nothing to do with that live release. No speech is the same, I'm not even sure a verse was taken from that show. It either was spliced together from however many multiple performances or recorded in the studio (at least the speeches) and given away as "live". Also David Bryan's keyboard part after the solo is completely different to what I think he ever played live.

In And Out Of Love (Bonus Edition 2010):

The singing and verses are taken from (presumably) Tokyo 1985, the guitar / drum solos are taken from 1987 and spliced in there.

Lay Your Hands On Me (Bonus Track 2001?):
I haven't heard that one, but I'm very sure someone here mentioned that it had the 1996 intro and then cut to the Toronto 2000 performance...

Born To Be My Baby (Bonus Edition 2010):
The first part up until middle of the guitar solo is taken from Glasgow 1988 (Night 1) and then it actually cuts to either a recording of Night 2 or some other show of that period.

I mean, honestly, why do that when you have a vault full of excellent performances? Do other bands do the same and it's a common thing that I'm not aware of?

Sorry, just felt like going into a rant about this...