View Single Post

Old 05-29-2020, 12:56 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
I honestly don't get it - what's the point behind this? On the one hand, they are too lazy to really take stuff out of their vaults that would be new and welcomed by the fans, on the other hand they (Obie?) invest a lot of time in editing together bogus live versions...
Oh my God... over these 20 years I was thinking I am alone with that...
Remember my first time when I discovered that not only setlist of Crush Tour VHS was shortened comparing to DVD, but engineering was made so bad, that tracks are shorter and even fragments of audio are placed in wrong position (so entire chorus of Livin' was replaced with something else...).

To this day I wonder "Why guys... why?". Why you are messing with live tracks on singles and cutting all Jon speeches? Why do you mess MSG 2008, so proper order is destroyed and missing tracks are available as... bonus? Really...?

A long, long time my decision was to stick SNB and PRO unofficial recordings. I am pretty happy with that, but I reached probably 95% available stuff... I still hope that someday BJ vaults will be really opened.

Quote:
So yeah, like most decisions it comes down to money and ego. Back in 2001 many die hards voiced their disappointment after the release of One Wild Night 2001 was released and Obie got frustrated and told Jovitalk to shut up about it. This band doesn't welcome criticism because it'd mean they're wrong. And we all know Jon is never wrong and neither are his yes-man.
Sebastian, could you put some light on this? I am really surprised about Obie reaction and I was not aware of fans dissapointment on OWNL.