Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Why did a lot of people hate misunderstood when it first came out?

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 12-24-2019, 05:03 AM
rickysambo's Avatar
rickysambo rickysambo is offline
Senior Member
Hardest Part is the Night
 
Join Date: 20 Aug 2009
Location: Dry County
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 229
Default

Well, I remember there being a great, funny video for it which is no longer available on YouTube.
__________________
EVERYBODY LIES
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 12-24-2019, 09:30 AM
bonjovi90's Avatar
bonjovi90 bonjovi90 is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 07 Jun 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 5,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysambo View Post
Well, I remember there being a great, funny video for it which is no longer available on YouTube.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-24-2019, 09:31 AM
ajf33's Avatar
ajf33 ajf33 is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 03 Jul 2010
Age: 43
Gender: male
Posts: 82
Send a message via MSN to ajf33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysambo View Post
Well, I remember there being a great, funny video for it which is no longer available on YouTube.
yes it is! -
edit - but only on youtube itself!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-24-2019, 10:54 PM
Dave 1986's Avatar
Dave 1986 Dave 1986 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 28 Aug 2002
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 2,118
Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I wasn't a fan at the time, but if I had to imagine at 2002 there were still a bunch of spandex heavy metal fans that were still attached to Bon Jovi that would have been very disappointed that their beloved band is "not a rock band anymore".
That's pretty much it but I doubt there were too many of 'those' types of fans left by 2002. Particularly with Bon Jovi as they'd long since moved away from that sound/image anyway.

But that era was awkward for fans worried about their favourite rock band not being a rock band anymore as you described. Particularly if, like me, you'd discovered them from "It's My Life", then spent the period between Crush and Bounce backtracked through their catalogue, realising how awesome their earlier albums were and wondering why they're now releasing songs like "Misunderstood". I remember thinking at the time, maybe they're easing the then-new generation of fans in with radio-friendly pop/rock singles/albums then eventually get back to rocking again. They never did ofcourse.
__________________
Dave

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-24-2019, 10:58 PM
Adam Bendelow Adam Bendelow is offline
Junior Member
Undiscovered Posts
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
That's pretty much it but I doubt there were too many of 'those' types of fans left by 2002. Particularly with Bon Jovi as they'd long since moved away from that sound/image anyway.

But that era was awkward for fans worried about their favourite rock band not being a rock band anymore as you described. Particularly if, like me, you'd discovered them from "It's My Life", then spent the period between Crush and Bounce backtracked through their catalogue, realising how awesome their earlier albums were and wondering why they're now releasing songs like "Misunderstood". I remember thinking at the time, maybe they're easing the then-new generation of fans in with radio-friendly pop/rock singles/albums then eventually get back to rocking again. They never did ofcourse.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say on the cd single that it was a radio friendly song?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-24-2019, 11:01 PM
Dave 1986's Avatar
Dave 1986 Dave 1986 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 28 Aug 2002
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 2,118
Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Bendelow View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say on the cd single that it was a radio friendly song?
It probably did, but that wasn’t the point I was making.
__________________
Dave

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-25-2019, 02:47 AM
JackieBlue JackieBlue is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 22 May 2013
Gender: female
Posts: 2,285
Default

First time I heard it was on the TLFR DVD and I loved it. But I was disappointed in all the versions I heard after that because they didn't whisper, "Damn"; and that was what had originally caught my attention in the DVD version.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-25-2019, 06:01 AM
rickysambo's Avatar
rickysambo rickysambo is offline
Senior Member
Hardest Part is the Night
 
Join Date: 20 Aug 2009
Location: Dry County
Age: 33
Gender: male
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Thanks! Its even on the official account, I see. I must have searched through my work computer which filters some content off youtube.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.