View Single Post

Old 12-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by APK876 View Post
In regards to B-sides vs. regular album tracks, I agree with the notion that post 2000, the band has made some serious mistakes with album song choices.

CRUSH
Overall, we all have our favorites and we love some songs more than others, however, "Thank you..." could have easily been replaced (not enough heart in that one) and "Save The World" is just god awful.

BOUNCE
Easily the album where half of it (IMO) should have been dumped and replaced by demos. EVERYONE agrees that there were some serious mistakes with the song selection on this album. It's a shame because I think it's easily the band weakest album and one that will not stand the test of time. In fact, every b-side sounds better than half of the album.

HAND
A pretty solid representation of songs, I just feel that they slept through the writing process. There are some damn good songs on it, but few "classics". I do feel that "Nothing" and "Unbreakable" were far superior to "Wildflower" and "Bells of Freedom".

I think the box set showcases how many damn good songs these guys have. I have to tell ya, I wish they would be a little more daring in their song selections and write from their gut and their heart instead of trying to write a big hit. The record industry that Bon Jovi grew up in and had major sucess in is dying a very fast death. In 5 years time, it won't be about where your album debuted, how many number one's you have or how many records you sold worldwide...it'll be about the live performance and credibility.

Their best music (SWW, NJ, KTF, These Days) came when they took chances and dared to be different.

xTony
Sounds about right to me.