Thread: Why, oh Why?
View Single Post

Old 10-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Last Man Standing

Default Re: Why, oh Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd
Heres a thought. The international version (yes, thats right, Brazil doesn't count as an international nation, they have their own version of TLFR!) of TLFR has 'The Distance' on it from Yokohama and rumours abound about 'Joey' now.

Thats 2 tracks from a CD most of us have got bootlegged.

2 Tracks

2 Tracks have just been ditched from the listing. 2 tracks that us fans would much rather (much, much, much, much, much etc) rather have than 2 acoustic versions of songs that probably wont even be on the set lists for the next tour!

Dont get the logic of ditching two songs that the fans would have gone mad for in favour of two run of the mill songs from a show that Jon admits himself was below par!

The official reason for Last Man and Thief being ditched seems to be an amalgamtion of two reasons. 1 - not enough space on the disc and 2 - This is a greatest hits set, not appropriate for new songs.

I have answers to both those questions. 1- well in that case ditch the two acoustic songs in favour of the new songs! and 2 - if thats the case. both Distance and Joey shouldn't be on here either. Neither of them could be considered in a month of sundays to be BJ greatest hits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole thing stinks. Just another example of a band trying to fleece its fans for as much as it can take. And don't get me started about why there needs to be 5,6, 7, 8 versions of the CD - talk about encouraging people to buy more than one version - what a rip off!

I have just ordered the international version with dvd (cos, afterall, I love these songs, just not the thought behind them) from cdwow in the uk for a measley £8.99 delivered. This was the cheapest price I could find, meaning Jon 'Dollars' Bon Jovi doesn't get anymore of my cash!
Or why not choose not to buy it altogether if you're so unhappy??? The "two new songs"debate has really been done to death, id rather have 14 tracks than 12 no matter what the two extra ones are.