View Single Post

Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade4jovi View Post
I totally agree with this. It;s My Life had a huge impact on the band, IMO. I'm not a big fan of Crush myself. I only really like about 5 songs on there. It has some total garbage IMO. But anyway, IML was certainly a big mark for Jovi. I agree that it opend them up to a whole new audience. I know this for facts, from people that I know. I now know of 13, 14 year old's that love Jovi all because of that song. It kicked it off for them. So atlough Crush is certainly not a great album, IMO - it worked. Nobody knows enough to say much about Sex Sells, really. As said before, we don't have a crystal ball to see what could have happend. I do wonder though, if it wasn't for Crush/IML and the impact - maybe we would be having more of the Rock? But then probably not, because they chose to do that, and probably would have continued anyway?

If it wasn't for IML, Crush would have bombed. No other songs on that album were strong enough to make an impact. Even though I think it's quite an average song both lyrically and musically, had they not released it I think they would be in a very different place now.