View Single Post

Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default Would you buy Blu Rays of remastered of previous Bon Jovi DVDs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
If they didn't make a complete hash of it then yes. The MSG show they have on Blu-ray is hardly stunning.
I'd be worried if they screwed it up as well. I remember being thoroughly unimpressed with the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert when that was released on SD Blu Ray a few years ago. Content-wise, it was identical to the VHS/laserdisc and a big improvement over the 2002 DVD but the picture quality was poor. I mean, worse than my laserdisc rip that I have. It looked like it had been 'filmized' to make it look not quite as old as it is and less like a live recording done by the BBC in 1992.

Mind you, Access All Areas/New Jersey: The Videos was done well when re-issued on DVD with the New Jersey: Deluxe Edition in 2014. Just a nice clean, straight transfer which means I could ditch my home-made DVD-R VHS rips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Live from London was shown in HD on Sky Arts here, but it didn't look great either sadly although that was more than likely just an upscale from the DVD.
That's a shame I missed that. I don't have Sky Arts myself as I'm with Virgin Media. I'd pick Live from London up on Blu Ray (I'n true 1080p of course) even if it was just a port of the DVD/VHS, content-wise.

I have a laserdisc rip of An Evening with Bon Jovi which I bought from eBay back in 2005, when they got away with selling bootlegs back then, and the picture quality is rather good indeed. Mine was converted to PAL though, which I slightly regret now as I seem to remember the picture shuddering ever so slightly. Still one of those awesome Bon Jovi moments for me as I'd never seen it in full prior to then.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 07-03-2020 at 11:27 PM..