Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Would you do a Jovi Cruise?

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 12-16-2013, 11:19 PM
TwinFan's Avatar
TwinFan TwinFan is offline
Senior Member
It's my post
 
Join Date: 14 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Gender: male
Posts: 4,808
Default

Cruises aren't only an elderly person's domain any longer. They have so much to offer that the only likely reason that the crowd seems to be older is for financial reasons. The cruise I took with my family when I was 16 is the most fun vacation I've ever had.

That said, I probably wouldn't do a Jovi cruise, or any band cruise for that matter. Being around that many crazies on a ship would get old fast.
__________________
You can't win the game if you pass the ace...
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 04-13-2019, 03:56 AM
golittleperson's Avatar
golittleperson golittleperson is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 23 Jun 2013
Gender: female
Posts: 798
Default

Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 1,582
Post

Not at the prices they would charge. I could have the holiday of a lifetime for that.
__________________
Thinny
http://www.thethincontroller.com/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-15-2019, 04:23 PM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 55
Gender: female
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golittleperson View Post
Rock or Music themed cruises are becoming quite popular. Allman Brothers sell out quick every year, Kiss has a cruise and so JBJ has joined the party.

I'd go in a minute IF I could afford it - Runaways are out of my budget - jealous of those going. Been on two cruises and absolutely loved them. I'd not be overwhelmed by a theme, you can still do shore excisions and just rest....

Anyone on the board - on board? Would love to get a first hand experience review.
I am going to the one in August that leaves from Barcelona. I'll let you know how it goes. I have not done a Runaway trip before and it wouldn't normally be my thing but since I've wanted to visit Barcelona and Majorca I figured what the heck. And August is a good time for me to take time off from work.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-21-2019, 12:38 AM
TheseDaysEra's Avatar
TheseDaysEra TheseDaysEra is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 1,205
Default

I can only imagine how much those poor bastards paid to hear Jon's cringeworthy voice lol. Jon should actually refrain from doing these shows, it's such a rip off.
__________________
Tonight you've got the right to let your hair down

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-21-2019, 03:49 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is online now
Senior Member
Posting everyday
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 7,235
Default

Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
__________________
World’s Most Professional Bon Jovi Fan!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-22-2019, 02:12 AM
YOVANAfromPeru's Avatar
YOVANAfromPeru YOVANAfromPeru is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 22 Oct 2017
Age: 32
Gender: female
Posts: 2,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Anyone have the full set lists from both shows?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
It seems no one from here went to that cruise, Jersey Boy! >_< lol
__________________
Jon Bon Jovi said about this selfie: "That's a good one!!". U_U morí!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-22-2019, 02:50 AM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 10,836
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

There's a completely different thread for the cruise here that had some posted pictures of the setlists here: https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...3/newpost.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-22-2019, 12:01 PM
BonJovi100 BonJovi100 is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 01 Jul 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 862
Default

This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- Interwievs with Bergman, O'Briean, Matt ecc
- BJ museum ecc
I think this price is acceptable for me.

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 10,836
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi100 View Post
This cruise lookslike fantastic trip for Bon Jovi fans. I mean fans which are still excitement about new releases and not living in the past.

You can see Jon in small place. Ask him a question. Make a photo.Go to BJ museum. Listen stories from people which were with the band for many years. Setlists are maybe not in my type but they are definitely interesting. House ORSun, Halleluyah ecc sound quite good as a youtube videos. You can see all this stuff. Many many interesting things for BJ fans. You can hear also many other interesting artists (Tonic, Goo Goo dolls ecc) and much more

Price 950$ for:
- 2 JBJ & KOS show
- Many other artists
- 4 days on luxury ship
- Q&A
- Interwievs with Bergman, O'Briean, Matt ecc
- BJ museum ecc
I think this price is acceptable for me.

I think many BJ fans would go on that trip in their own most favourite part in BJ history. I would love to go for that cruise in 88-90, 2000, 2005 but I would also love to go there now.
I take a bit of offense to us "living in the past". That's not what we're doing when we bitch. All for progress and change but the guy is phoning this in. Whether it's from lack of interest or his current vocal situation I don't know. Keep in mind the outrageous price and a setlist of mostly covers. It's cool to see but the hardcore fans are getting the same type of shows they can see on land. It's great that they have other artists but if you're going specifically to see Jon it's neat but...I just don't see the value. Have a blast if you do but he's up there doing cover songs and the same songs he does at every fan club event. While those are cheaper, it's not by much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.