View Single Post

Old 04-17-2022, 04:33 PM
Dry County

Default Your fondest Bon Jovi memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
A good number of close choices, but it's Mannheim 2011 for me.

The disappointment of Dusseldorf three days earlier, the rough travel to the concert site and then having gotten stuck in the back there for quite a while had me low in spirits.
But that night just had everything I needed. From a great place to watch, great company, an excited crowd to a band that was lead by a frontman who left no doubt he was THE rockstar at that concert.
Every setlist surprise was something that I was able to relate to at the time, from The Radio Saved My Life Tonight to Miss Fourth of July.
It's something I can't really put into words, but that whole thing was like an euphoric rush that just kept rising and rising until it erupted with Keep The Faith and Hey God. I never got that burst of emotion or specific feeling before or afterwards (to that extent) at a concert and I'm not sure I ever will again.
But Mannheim was in so many ways the ending to a special time in my life (and the ending of MY Bon Jovi band) that it'll remain THE ultimate memory for me.

I have the exact same feeling about Mannheim 2011. Dusseldorf was my first Bon Jovi concert in Europe, and I left feeling very cold. Zurich the day after didn’t help much either.

Needless to say that the run from Mannheim to Lisbon was something out of this world. Considering what they are delivering nowadays I feel very grateful for being able to attend that.

Cheers

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk