Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

#07 - Enmarket Arena, Savannah, Georgia, April 13th 2022

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 04-15-2022, 06:38 AM
Falco Falco is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 02 Aug 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Gender: male
Posts: 177
Default

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I remember a tour where they dropped 'Prayer' from a few shows. I wanna say it was the 2001 tour?

Deliberately putting Wanted as an audible is a bizarre move. I mean, does Jon solely make the set list? Wouldn't the other band members pipe in and be like "wtf are you doing"?
Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 04-15-2022, 09:58 AM
richiefan95 richiefan95 is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 11 May 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Sure. He’s suddenly singing the unreachable notes that he’s mimed forever on the tour that he’s singing spectacularly shitty. Come on man.
To me it seems they just changed the backing track and recorded a new one that sounds more realistic to his voice.

The only thing they removed is the backing track from the part with "Take my hand .........." where he used the album version in 2019 on the european shows which was completely ridiculous.

Last edited by richiefan95; 04-15-2022 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-15-2022, 11:16 AM
gabriele's Avatar
gabriele gabriele is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 20 Jan 2003
Posts: 767
Default

I dont see many difference between 2018 and 2002

Keep the Faith
2018 soundboard https://youtu.be/QXkrOor8aqc
2022 soundboard https://youtu.be/ZW4umv_0u18

For me the 2022 version Is much better
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bon-J...13/35675737547
Bon Jovi Live Fan Page - Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-15-2022, 11:30 AM
musiccritic101's Avatar
musiccritic101 musiccritic101 is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 10 Jan 2020
Location: New Zealand
Gender: male
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriele View Post
I dont see many difference between 2018 and 2002

Keep the Faith
2018 soundboard https://youtu.be/QXkrOor8aqc
2022 soundboard https://youtu.be/ZW4umv_0u18

For me the 2022 version Is much better
Jon's vocals were extremely manipulated and pitch corrected, the 2022 soundboard is more processed than the 2018 one.

The original audience video in the second link sounds worse, the soundboard had the usual 'studio magic' stuff on it which is why it's suddenly tolerable. I know this because I'm the uploader of the second video.

Original Audience Video
https://youtu.be/HB4tyrwY-IA

Audience Video dubbed with soundboard
https://youtu.be/ZW4umv_0u18

Last edited by musiccritic101; 04-15-2022 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-15-2022, 01:24 PM
Captmorgs's Avatar
Captmorgs Captmorgs is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 24 Feb 2010
Location: Madison, WI, USA
Age: 54
Gender: male
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I remember a tour where they dropped 'Prayer' from a few shows. I wanna say it was the 2001 tour?

Deliberately putting Wanted as an audible is a bizarre move. I mean, does Jon solely make the set list? Wouldn't the other band members pipe in and be like "wtf are you doing"?

They didnít play Liviní On A Prayer at the 2001 show I went to in Milwaukee (a great show). I did hear people complain about it on the way out.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-j...-33d6e435.html

Yes, Jon solely makes the set lists. Remember in the WWWB documentary? He was talking to a couple guys on staff, but they were merely a sounding board, not providing input.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
"I made my bed, I'll lie in it . . . To die in it's the crime."
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-16-2022, 01:33 AM
Thinny's Avatar
Thinny Thinny is offline
Senior Member
These Days
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2013
Location: Leicester
Gender: male
Posts: 2,420
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
To me it seems they just changed the backing track and recorded a new one that sounds more realistic to his voice.

The only thing they removed is the backing track from the part with "Take my hand .........." where he used the album version in 2019 on the european shows which was completely ridiculous.
Spot on I think!
__________________
Thinny
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.