View Single Post

Old 04-16-2022, 05:49 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankymagee View Post
When you are there live, you truly do not notice the vocal issues unless you are looking to hear them. The background singers cover up Jon significantly and the instruments are loud and tight enough you just don’t notice. My wife told me that she noticed he was struggling. I asked her how; she said only because she’s gone with me 15 plus times. Again, that shows that Johnny casual fan probably wouldn’t notice the slippage

I was in the front with several self proclaimed die hards. Literally none of them could even tell that the songs were tuned down a step. I could notice Jon was singing behind the beat; a sign of straining to ensure that he hit notes, as well as a lack of confidence; no one else could tell he was behind. Not claiming to be an expert, just stating again that Johnny casual fan isn’t seeing what “we” are

I absolutely enjoyed myself being there. I’d say it was 80 percent as good as a show I would have seen in 2013, which is still enjoyable. That means Johnny casual fan had a blast. Which means get your minds right for the 40th anniversary tour
Great update. Crazy about Wanted though. It's on the set so there must have been a valid reason for it. Maybe Jon's voice couldn't handle it.

So true about not noticing the struggles as much when you're there. You can tell he hits a bad note ever now and then but nothing like what you hear on YT.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-16-2022 at 06:01 AM..