View Single Post

Old 04-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
If his voice just can’t take Wanted, let the audience sing up to the second verse, have Phil do a verse and more than half the song is covered. If it’s that or don’t play it I’d say the second alternative is better. Wanted has to be done especially in the States.

A song I don’t get why he pushes himself to play is I’ll Be There For You. It’s absolutely horrible. Rather do Bed of Roses. That was one of the few songs he did a decent vocal delivery on in 2019. Why not bring back a snippet of Diamond Ring as intro for it like back in the days and you’d have something interesting for the set list as well.
It's OK they don't do things like 'back in the days' - that's what we all complain about when things don't change. As much as I love BOR and Always, they won't be in this tour. IBTFY is the one they have to play cause it's probably huge in the US. Bigger than BOR or Always. Still - when you go and see BJ, they aren't putting up a greatest hits. I wonder if it's vocal related or anything else.

For a band like Bon Jovi not playing BOR, Always, Runaway, Blaze of Glory... that's a lot of big ones to easily make the crowd happy. Yet, Jon puls 'Whole lot of leaving' in. Maybe cause he saw a 'whole lot of leaving' in the audience?