View Single Post

Old 04-17-2022, 03:29 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
We had an awesome time. Our girls’ first Bon Jovi show, and they sang and danced the whole time. They loved it. That made me happy. It’s weird, the vocals are so off on some songs like Bad Name and Who Says, and others sound good. I’m sure YouTube videos will prove me wrong, but It’s My Life, Keep The Faith, and Have A Nice Day were super enjoyable. Roller Coaster was fantastic and went over really well with the crowd. I thought I never needed to hear Whole Lot of Leavin’ and I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead in concert again. But they’re right in Jon’s wheelhouse (so to speak). Sleep especially was fun.

I didn’t know if Jon would make it through the a capella opening to Prayer. His voice seemed to waver. Strangely, as the band started in, he said: “Please rise for the playing of our national anthem.” Kudos to the guy behind me who was disgusted. What? So I definitely didn’t think we were getting Wanted. When it opened the encore, I was really surprised. Again, the videos will prove me wrong, but it was a 1000 times better than I thought it would be. His voice was gassed by the end, not much left for Who Says and Bad Medicine. Great night. Glad I went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update... I appreciate and enjoy reading the fan reviews from those who attend shows. That's great that your young daughter called it out.

It's better than reading the same people posting the same complaints over and over again (guilty [emoji113]myself)...

I think the consensus is, there are so many other distractions at these shows, a lot of the vocal problem issues drown out. While some are obvious, they are forgiving because other songs get pulled together better.

I'm just trying to figure out why people aren't walking out.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-17-2022 at 04:48 PM..