View Single Post

Old 04-19-2022, 11:33 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
No no no, I hope they never take that option. A show with constant voice reproduction? seriously guys? if Jon does that, then it's better not to do shows. The guy sucks live, but at least he doesn't sink even lower by lip-synching his voice.

The Jovi camp could do damage control by uploading videos of some live performances, with all those voice tricks in the mix that Obie knows how to do... to make Jon sound a little more tolerable. If you want to fool a potential audience, that would be a smart way to go. Like that uploaded video of We Dont Run (Acoustic) for Global Citizen. But not miming on the show.
I think you are missing my point. He should obviously not be still doing live shows. He should have retired from live shows after 2015. BUT, since he is insistent on continuing to play live shows (and destroying the legacy of the band) then miming during a show at least will lead to most people leaving the concert having enjoyed what they heard. I can't believe anyone leaves a show now having enjoyed what they heard.

As an aside, I went to a Taylor Swift concert with my girlfriend a few years ago. I really like some of Taylor Swift's music so I was quite looking forward to it. It was plain as day, however, that she was miming for most of the show. There were a couple of lines in songs she sang live over backing recordings, and she sang one or two full songs totally live when she wasn't doing a silly dance routine. Anyway, I remember leaving the show and thinking what a waste of talent it was that she didn't play live but EVERYONE, and I mean everyone, was raving about how incredible she was and what an amazing singer she is. Most people don't notice, and most fans don't want to notice.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days

Last edited by Butters; 04-19-2022 at 11:41 AM..