11th April 2017 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto Night 2 Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 04-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
This.

John Mayer is only 9 shows into his tour and has already played 51 different songs. And he literally has 1/4 of the catalog Bon Jovi has.

Pathetic.

His new album has some really good songs btw.

Well done, little buddy.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:46 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Bon Jovi also has 3 musicians on stage that are somewhat new to the Bon Jovi catalog... And I think 40 songs for 26 shows isn't a bad number at all...

Jon may not do it like he used to but he still does it better than most...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Do you know anything about music and about professional musicians ? Honestly ... this "3 new guys onstage" excuse is completely BS. Stop trying to blindly defend the band for something that has no excuse for. It's really getting pathetic. The only reason why the sets are not changing is because Jon simply doesn't care.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
Then go to John Mayer's shows and stop going to Bon Jovi shows if you are so unhappy! SMH
I honestly am starting to think that rosa3 is a troll.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Posting everyday

Agreed. The only reason that nothing changes is Jon's immense laziness.
Everett is as necessary for the overall sound on rare album cuts as Lorenza may have been and they pulled out rarities night after night in Europe 2008 - like maniacs. Phil already has played on a great variety of other BJ tracks in 2013 and had shown for a show like Cologne that he could learn the lead parts of numerous songs in literally no time and pull them off in a great way. And for Shanks being new - firstly, he'd only have to do rhythm work and secondly it'd be his ****ing job to learn new material on tour if the CEO demanded it. They're there for this and nothing else and they've been on tour for over two months now.
So yeah, it all boils down to Jon's laziness at the end of the day...
Old 04-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
I honestly am starting to think that rosa3 is a troll.
I actually believe she really just is a naive Jon-fangirl that somehow got swapped over from backstage
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Hey,
As a long time lurker, I wanted to give my thoughts/observations from this show.

This was my 12th Jovi show and 1st one in Toronto. I normally attend the Montreal shows because it's the closest city to me and because they always deliver there. When Jon sings I love This Town in Montreal, he means it. Since there weren't any dates there this tour, I thought I'd treat myself and fly to TO. Although I was sweating it out (airfare/hotel was non-refundable and I didn't book the insurance), I'm glad I traveled for this show. I was impressed with Jon and the crowd. The crowd was spectacular and definitely gave Montreal's crowd a run for its money. I could not hear Jon during It's my life as the crowd completely drowned him out which gave me goosebumps.

Jon was very energetic and did not stay glued behind his mic stand at all. He moved a lot more than the 3x I saw them in 2013. I love the fact that he doesn't have his acoustic guitar as much as last tour either.

Setlist: Like most here, I'm also disappointed in the lack of setlist changes. I was willing to bet money that A) we were getting Runaway since it wasn't performed the night before and B) Devil's In The Temple would replace New Year's Day.Well, I'm glad I didn't bet cuz I would've lost a lot of money...... I prefer NYD to Temple so I was ok with that plus it was fun watching Phil during that song, so much energy!! Bummed about no Runaway as that is one of my fav 80's tunes.

Scars really surprised me! I thought they'd lose the crowd for that one but there were many cell phone lights lighting up the ACC. Along with Come on Up To Our House & Labor Of love, these are the 3 songs I skip while listening to THINFS. The crowd enjoyed it though. Out of all the new songs and from where I was sitting, I thought We Don't Run didn't go over very well. Lastly, Whole Lot Of leavin needs to go!!! The crowd did not care for it all. The LH/Leavin combo is brutal. I like these songs on CD but man, they are so boring live.

Encore: I told my wife before Always started that Captain Crash better not open the encore like it did the last time I saw them in Nov 2013. I pouted throughout the song because I thought we deserved Dry County. Well, we got Always (half expecting) and I'll take a less stellar version than no version. I thought it was decent. Once again, the crowd drowned Jon out for most of it and Phil X's solo was great! Next up, hoping for Blood or Sat Night and I get.... yup Captain Crash!! Ugh!! After the song, Jon recognized a girl in the 2nd row dressed in a supergirl costume who was in the nose bleeds at the Cleveland show. He said you got Crash from the cheap seats and now 2nd row. We have 2 more shows this tour and you could get it from another seat. So, thanks supergirl.......After Prayer, I thought we'd get 1 more song because of the way Jon was taking in the applause from Toronto. He's done this at every Montreal show as well to which we'd get another encore, but not this time. So, a little disappointed but he hasn't done a 2nd encore this tour so it wasn't surprising.

I thought Jon's vocals for the most part were pretty good, especially after being sick for a week. His energy level was top notch and the band played great. I didn't miss Richie at all. I didn't pay any attention to Everett Bradley at the concert but after watching some of the videos I took, wow! He is entertaining!

Overall, I thought it was a great show! For me, these 4 suggestions would have made it epic a) Runaway, b) 1 more ballad, preferably BOR, c) 1 song from Bounce, preferably Undivided/Bounce, and d) 1 other song from Crush instead of Captain Crash (older/one wild night/say it isn't so). I'm glad I didn't attend both shows because I'd of been angry with the lack of changes. I attend both nights in Montreal and am used to a minimum of 6 changes. If they ever play 2 nights there again, I will only be attending night 2.

For anyone wanting to travel to see Jovi, you will get great shows in TO & in Montreal. If I ever travel to see them again, seeing them in NYC is on my bucket list.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2017, 04:31 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Bon Jovi also has 3 musicians on stage that are somewhat new to the Bon Jovi catalog... And I think 40 songs for 26 shows isn't a bad number at all...

Jon may not do it like he used to but he still does it better than most...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Everett has been with Jon off and on since late 90s. Phil knows the catalog enough from the past few tours. This excuse is a cop out. It's the same damn songs as last tour and that's the biggest gripe. They could have learned a different set of album tracks. To have that many albums and pull the same songs out tour after tour is absolutely a justifiable complain. Phil, John and Everett are professionals who went through rigorous rehearsals for the tour.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Jovi Addict

awesome review scotty leafs.
Thanks for taking the time to write it.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Everett has been with Jon off and on since late 90s. Phil knows the catalog enough from the past few tours. This excuse is a cop out. It's the same damn songs as last tour and that's the biggest gripe. They could have learned a different set of album tracks. To have that many albums and pull the same songs out tour after tour is absolutely a justifiable complain. Phil, John and Everett are professionals who went through rigorous rehearsals for the tour.
Totally agree! I'm soooooo sick of Sleep, WGIGO, and I HATE Born to Follow!
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 04-14-2017, 05:24 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyleafs View Post
Hey,

As a long time lurker, I wanted to give my thoughts/observations from this show.

This was my 12th Jovi show and 1st one in Toronto. I normally attend the Montreal shows because it's the closest city to me and because they always deliver there. When Jon sings I love This Town in Montreal, he means it. Since there weren't any dates there this tour, I thought I'd treat myself and fly to TO. Although I was sweating it out (airfare/hotel was non-refundable and I didn't book the insurance), I'm glad I traveled for this show. I was impressed with Jon and the crowd. The crowd was spectacular and definitely gave Montreal's crowd a run for its money. I could not hear Jon during It's my life as the crowd completely drowned him out which gave me goosebumps.

Jon was very energetic and did not stay glued behind his mic stand at all. He moved a lot more than the 3x I saw them in 2013. I love the fact that he doesn't have his acoustic guitar as much as last tour either.

Setlist: Like most here, I'm also disappointed in the lack of setlist changes. I was willing to bet money that A) we were getting Runaway since it wasn't performed the night before and B) Devil's In The Temple would replace New Year's Day.Well, I'm glad I didn't bet cuz I would've lost a lot of money...... I prefer NYD to Temple so I was ok with that plus it was fun watching Phil during that song, so much energy!! Bummed about no Runaway as that is one of my fav 80's tunes.

Scars really surprised me! I thought they'd lose the crowd for that one but there were many cell phone lights lighting up the ACC. Along with Come on Up To Our House & Labor Of love, these are the 3 songs I skip while listening to THINFS. The crowd enjoyed it though. Out of all the new songs and from where I was sitting, I thought We Don't Run didn't go over very well. Lastly, Whole Lot Of leavin needs to go!!! The crowd did not care for it all. The LH/Leavin combo is brutal. I like these songs on CD but man, they are so boring live.

Encore: I told my wife before Always started that Captain Crash better not open the encore like it did the last time I saw them in Nov 2013. I pouted throughout the song because I thought we deserved Dry County. Well, we got Always (half expecting) and I'll take a less stellar version than no version. I thought it was decent. Once again, the crowd drowned Jon out for most of it and Phil X's solo was great! Next up, hoping for Blood or Sat Night and I get.... yup Captain Crash!! Ugh!! After the song, Jon recognized a girl in the 2nd row dressed in a supergirl costume who was in the nose bleeds at the Cleveland show. He said you got Crash from the cheap seats and now 2nd row. We have 2 more shows this tour and you could get it from another seat. So, thanks supergirl.......After Prayer, I thought we'd get 1 more song because of the way Jon was taking in the applause from Toronto. He's done this at every Montreal show as well to which we'd get another encore, but not this time. So, a little disappointed but he hasn't done a 2nd encore this tour so it wasn't surprising.

I thought Jon's vocals for the most part were pretty good, especially after being sick for a week. His energy level was top notch and the band played great. I didn't miss Richie at all. I didn't pay any attention to Everett Bradley at the concert but after watching some of the videos I took, wow! He is entertaining!

Overall, I thought it was a great show! For me, these 4 suggestions would have made it epic a) Runaway, b) 1 more ballad, preferably BOR, c) 1 song from Bounce, preferably Undivided/Bounce, and d) 1 other song from Crush instead of Captain Crash (older/one wild night/say it isn't so). I'm glad I didn't attend both shows because I'd of been angry with the lack of changes. I attend both nights in Montreal and am used to a minimum of 6 changes. If they ever play 2 nights there again, I will only be attending night 2.

For anyone wanting to travel to see Jovi, you will get great shows in TO & in Montreal. If I ever travel to see them again, seeing them in NYC is on my bucket list.

Thanks

Great review! Very much appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk