View Single Post

Old 05-02-2022, 07:21 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I read somewhere they called the drills "dude rock", and I can't say I disagree. It's not for everyone, but it's right up my alley and I love it, as disposable as some songs are they're fun!! I tend to recognize Phil when he's playing, and agree that he doesn't sound exactly like Richie but for Jon to try and find a Richie tribute guy or imitator would be one of the biggest mistakes ever imo. Vocal wise is where I kiss the guy most, Richie and Jon's vocal duos can't be touched!! Richie is also a better shredder than Phil will ever be so those who say Phil is just a shredder and Richie isn't I never really understood that. Imo, I find that Phil fits right in, and will only want him subbed for the real thing (Sambora). I'm all in for a great high energy pop/rock album by the band, Phil could bring to it everything he brought to the Daughtry, Halestorm and Alice Cooper records!
I love all 3 of those bands Daughtry, Halestorm and Alice and I couldn't tell you which songs or albums Phil played on which says it all. When any of the other guitar players I mentioned do guest spots I can spot them a mile off. But then that's what a session player is supposed to be I suppose.

I don't think that they should have gone for a Richie clone, but I think they needed to go with a player who has at least one foot in the blues...I heard that they auditioned Damon johnson from Black Star Riders, Brother Cane and I would love to have heard that!