View Single Post

Old 05-28-2018, 02:26 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Rumour File: We’ve just had our first AFL grand final entertainment tip-off
ROSS AND JOHN THE RUMOUR FILE

The radio segment that usually tells Melbourne who’s performing at the AFL grand final has had its first rumour about the 2018 entertainment.

Ross and John’s Rumour File was first to report The Killers would grace the MCG last year, making it three of the past four entertainers revealed on 3AW.

THE RUMOUR FILE’S HIT LIST
2017: The Killers (correct)
2016: Sting (correct)
2014: Tom Jones (correct)

And today the Rumour File was told Bon Jovi will be coming to this year’s game.

The US rocker is best known for 1986 anthem Livin’ On A Prayer and 2000 hit It’s My Life.

“That’s despite the fact I was last week speaking with the man in charge of booking the entertainment and he said no one has been booked,” Ross said.

“Mind you, he did say ‘What’s wrong with you blokes, you’ve normally had a rumour by now’, so there it is.”
Source

More rumours pointing to a summer 2018/2019 Australian tour. Though the AFL Grand Final is held the first weekend of October, so that's earlier than expected, if true.

Personally, I'd rather the band not do the AFL Grand Final. Meat Loaf made headline news, which is still spoken about today, after his poor performance in 2011 (just google Meat Loaf AFL and take a look at some of the headlines). Bon Jovi will be ripped to shreds if they serve up what theyre currently dishing.

On the plus side - yay! More talk of an Oz tour.

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018