View Single Post

Old 06-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
The 4 venues were sold out but there is always negative to add
Berlin they have to move the venue ok,but Waldbhune was full,like in the Crush tour when the Its My Life success
At Koln the stadium was full,I was there and I remember perfectly
Madrid was the precio amigo.If they hadnt put that prizes,I can tell you that the stadium would have been sold out as well,the only difference had been the slower rithm of the sales
And Milan was sold out but I guess you will have something to add as well
Guns And Roses last year in Spain,they sold out Madrid and Bilbao was half empty,and yesterday they played at a festival and for tomorrow show in Barcelona there are still tickets on sale,and this is in their reunion tour.
Bon Jovi until 2013,toured Europe 8 times in 13 years and all their tours were a success in terms of attendance.
Stop being so over-defensive. All I said was that there really had been a significant decline in their ticket sales in 2013 and that Berlin and Madrid are quite specific examples.
In the case of Berlin, they had held a big press conference in January of 2013 saying that only very few artists have the power and success to play the Olympiastadion. Then having to move the show from a 75,000 venue to the Waldbühne with 23,000 was something where the press in Germany made quite some fun of them.
Madrid was special because the tickets were so cheap and many fans from other countries were very upset about that. Maybe the show would've still sold out, but neither you nor me can really tell.
Milan was sold out, I never questioned that. And Cologne was packed, but I was there too and on the day of the concert cheap tickets for the rafters were offered in town.

And, if you want to hand-pick examples, it could go the other way around as well. Stuttgart had 26,500 attendees while in 2006 there had been over 60,000 and in 1996 over 100,000 at the same venue. Lisbon had half the crowd of 2011 in 2013! Munich had over 10,000 less than in 2003, yet everything was still declared "sold out".

Again, I'm not saying they can't sell out a stadium in Europe again. It's been a long time since their last tour and if they only do one show in the "big countries", it will work.

But you're accusing people of being too negative and not objective, yet you seem to be blind to the fact that their ticket sales really had taken a huge dip, especially in 2013.