View Single Post

Old 11-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayer_84 View Post
[Ok, so when is the winner announced for hall of fame? All I know is that voting ends Dec. 5. Someone on here mentioned that the band may wait to release tour dates when the winner is announced. I hope that’s not too far in the future. I just came home from a week long vacation and was certain we’d have dates by now.]

That "someone" was me. Since we don't have the dates yet, I would not be surprised if that's the real reason for the delay. I can already imagine the tour press release beginning with "Global icons and HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES Bon Jovi will take the world by storm once again in 2018...." If Jon thinks that bragging about a Hall of Fame Induction in a tour press release will help the band sell more tickets, he is delusional at best. You don't sell more tickets JUST BECAUSE you are in the Rock Hall of Fame. You sell more tickets because of the quality of your music and your live performances.
Your theory makes sense. I can definitely see them holding out so they can add “inductees” in the tour announcement.