View Single Post

Old 01-28-2022, 11:04 PM
Dry County

Default 2022 Tour Dates - April

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos greece View Post
i am not talking about the 2008-2011 standards, just a lower bassy register in the voice which will benefit some songs.. a couple acoustic covers and b sides..
jon was a professional singer for many decades...its not like he learns each song vocally, he just applies his technique, which unfortunately is poor these days...the setlist conists songs that are low key and jon likes (like lost highway and who says), i am just suggesting he rotates these poor show staples with anything else...
jon is a smart guy, i still have faith in him and if there is no sign of improvement he will call it a day.. i just believe that jon as a songwriter and as a studio performer has some gas in the tank..and his poor vocal performances are 50% due to phycological reasons..

I disagree with his voice issues being 50% due to psychological reasons.

Judging by the way he sounds, the way he breathes and how he tries to push some notes out, it’s clear that his vocal chords are physically past the point of no return. Him being happy won’t change that.

Of course everything went downhill in 2013 after Riche left. So I guess that was the psychological part taking a toll on the physical part. Basically all the shit he went thought in 2013 sped up the deterioration of his voice. But it doesn’t work both ways: him being happy again won’t get his voice back. The damage is physically done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk