Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

2022 Tour Dates - April

Tour Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 01-14-2022, 05:55 PM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 680
Default

General sales are opening today. I wonder how sales will actually go. Any way of tracking this before they actually sell out?
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote

  #62  
Old 01-14-2022, 06:00 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 12,746
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
General sales are opening today. I wonder how sales will actually go. Any way of tracking this before they actually sell out?
Ticketmaster lets you choose your seats so you can tell by the seating chart what's available. Good way to gauge sales.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-14-2022, 06:22 PM
james_d james_d is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 15 Mar 2018
Gender: male
Posts: 680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Ticketmaster lets you choose your seats so you can tell by the seating chart what's available. Good way to gauge sales.
Cheers mate, will be interested to follow
__________________
'It ain't no fun lying down to sleep
And there ain't no secrets left for me to keep'
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-16-2022, 08:54 PM
efpg0708 efpg0708 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2010
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 1,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
Yeah Iíd say itís pretty reasonable for Bon Jovi. Gave my pre sale code away. Canít justify spending cash on this trainwreck anymore.

The thing is, to the average non diehard concert goer, Bon Jovi live is still a good time. Jonís voice is cleverly drowned in the mix by the backing vocals, he still has good stage presence and everything is well choreographed.

However, what used to set them aside from most bands up to 2011 is that their shows used to be much more than just having a good time, most of the time it was magical. And now all the elements that allowed them to create that magic are gone:

Improvisations: with Richie gone and Jonís voice gone as well, thereís no more element of surprise and f*** the setlist moments (Udine 2011, Rio 2010, Manheim 2011 and so much more). They have to stick to the same 25 songs that Jon is trained to ďsingĒ nowadays.

Jonís voice: even in 2011 he was able to take songs to a whole different level (Blood on Blood and Saturday Night in Vienna 2011 ; Hey God in Manheim 2011 ; Always and HAND in Chicago 2010 Ö)

Music: Phil X is awesome, I love the guy. But their sound with Richie and Bobby One Note Bandiera was so much better.

So yeah, I think one can still have a good time seeing them live nowadays. But thatís it.

Cheers

Eduardo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-16-2022, 10:40 PM
Thierry's Avatar
Thierry Thierry is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Gender: male
Posts: 8,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
The thing is, to the average non diehard concert goer, Bon Jovi live is still a good time. Jonís voice is cleverly drowned in the mix by the backing vocals, he still has good stage presence and everything is well choreographed.

However, what used to set them aside from most bands up to 2011 is that their shows used to be much more than just having a good time, most of the time it was magical. And now all the elements that allowed them to create that magic are gone:

Improvisations: with Richie gone and Jonís voice gone as well, thereís no more element of surprise and f*** the setlist moments (Udine 2011, Rio 2010, Manheim 2011 and so much more). They have to stick to the same 25 songs that Jon is trained to ďsingĒ nowadays.

Jonís voice: even in 2011 he was able to take songs to a whole different level (Blood on Blood and Saturday Night in Vienna 2011 ; Hey God in Manheim 2011 ; Always and HAND in Chicago 2010 Ö)

Music: Phil X is awesome, I love the guy. But their sound with Richie and Bobby One Note Bandiera was so much better.

So yeah, I think one can still have a good time seeing them live nowadays. But thatís it.

Cheers

Eduardo


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with this statement. I'd even go as far that I'm missing Bobby; his backing vocals were awesome. He has so much more to add compared to Shanks.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-16-2022, 11:34 PM
Javier's Avatar
Javier Javier is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 22 Aug 2002
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: male
Posts: 9,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry View Post
I totally agree with this statement. I'd even go as far that I'm missing Bobby; his backing vocals were awesome. He has so much more to add compared to Shanks.
I'd venture to even say that Bobby allowed Jon to have so much lore confidence in shaling things up. He was still throwing surprises in 2013 and Bobby covered for him vocally really well. As good a singer as Everett is, Bobby's voice mixed with Jon's a lot better. Only with Richie was the vocal duo better....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-16-2022, 11:41 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 12,746
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I'd venture to even say that Bobby allowed Jon to have so much lore confidence in shaling things up. He was still throwing surprises in 2013 and Bobby covered for him vocally really well. As good a singer as Everett is, Bobby's voice mixed with Jon's a lot better. Only with Richie was the vocal duo better....
Yup. There's a bunch of evidence of BJTV's from the Lost Highway tour when Rew is trying to interview Bobby and Hugh but Bobby is brushing up on Bang a Drum because Jon might bring it back out. He was the go-to guy with the musical memory. Everett's great but at least with Bobby it could be just him on guitar and Jon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-17-2022, 12:28 AM
Butters's Avatar
Butters Butters is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 17 Oct 2006
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 2,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yup. There's a bunch of evidence of BJTV's from the Lost Highway tour when Rew is trying to interview Bobby and Hugh but Bobby is brushing up on Bang a Drum because Jon might bring it back out. He was the go-to guy with the musical memory. Everett's great but at least with Bobby it could be just him on guitar and Jon.
Do we know what happened between him and Jon that led to him no longer being in the band?

I remember reading that one of Bobby's children was very ill. I also think I read that Jon told him that he had to lose some weight and get back into shape.
__________________
These days the stars seem out of reach
But these days there ain't a ladder on these streets
These days are fast, love don't last in this graceless age
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-17-2022, 02:34 AM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is offline
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 12,746
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Do we know what happened between him and Jon that led to him no longer being in the band?

I remember reading that one of Bobby's children was very ill. I also think I read that Jon told him that he had to lose some weight and get back into shape.
Yeah that's all that's really been speculated. His son has been sick since at least Bounce-era. I'm not sure what the biggest factor to him leaving was or what the falling out was. I'd have to listen to that Matt O'Ree podcast again to get another crack at the timeline. It felt like it was pretty sudden to the 2015 tour (if I'm wrong about any of these dates please feel free to correct me anyone).

To me he's only been there for vocal reasons. Dude was so low in the mix at live show, it added so little to the songs unless it was a prominent part (the main riff of Whole Lot of Leaving, Born to Follow...) but at least with him Jon could pull something out of nowhere.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Don't make the mistake of thinking that even 1% of Bon Jovi fans are like you, because they aren't. Don't think you know how Bon Jovi fans think. You don't. You know yourself. Stick to that.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-17-2022, 07:43 AM
Faceman Faceman is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Do we know what happened between him and Jon that led to him no longer being in the band?

I remember reading that one of Bobby's children was very ill. I also think I read that Jon told him that he had to lose some weight and get back into shape.
His kid being ill was once told as the reason why he joined the band - Jon wanted to give him the chance to earn some bucks. I always doubted the story being that way...

In 2014/2015, as far as I remember, Bobby went through a divorce while the band was about to go on the short 2015-tour. Since Bobby had gained a lot of wight, Jon told him to get into shape. Bobby told Jon to fcuk off and away he was.
__________________
Check out what's becoming the biggest Bon Jovi touring website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.