View Single Post

Old 01-16-2022, 09:40 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
The thing is, to the average non diehard concert goer, Bon Jovi live is still a good time. Jon’s voice is cleverly drowned in the mix by the backing vocals, he still has good stage presence and everything is well choreographed.

However, what used to set them aside from most bands up to 2011 is that their shows used to be much more than just having a good time, most of the time it was magical. And now all the elements that allowed them to create that magic are gone:

Improvisations: with Richie gone and Jon’s voice gone as well, there’s no more element of surprise and f*** the setlist moments (Udine 2011, Rio 2010, Manheim 2011 and so much more). They have to stick to the same 25 songs that Jon is trained to “sing” nowadays.

Jon’s voice: even in 2011 he was able to take songs to a whole different level (Blood on Blood and Saturday Night in Vienna 2011 ; Hey God in Manheim 2011 ; Always and HAND in Chicago 2010 …)

Music: Phil X is awesome, I love the guy. But their sound with Richie and Bobby One Note Bandiera was so much better.

So yeah, I think one can still have a good time seeing them live nowadays. But that’s it.

Cheers

Eduardo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with this statement. I'd even go as far that I'm missing Bobby; his backing vocals were awesome. He has so much more to add compared to Shanks.