View Single Post

Old 01-17-2022, 01:34 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Do we know what happened between him and Jon that led to him no longer being in the band?

I remember reading that one of Bobby's children was very ill. I also think I read that Jon told him that he had to lose some weight and get back into shape.
Yeah that's all that's really been speculated. His son has been sick since at least Bounce-era. I'm not sure what the biggest factor to him leaving was or what the falling out was. I'd have to listen to that Matt O'Ree podcast again to get another crack at the timeline. It felt like it was pretty sudden to the 2015 tour (if I'm wrong about any of these dates please feel free to correct me anyone).

To me he's only been there for vocal reasons. Dude was so low in the mix at live show, it added so little to the songs unless it was a prominent part (the main riff of Whole Lot of Leaving, Born to Follow...) but at least with him Jon could pull something out of nowhere.