View Single Post

Old 03-26-2017, 07:05 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
How is it 100 x better? It's mostly the same songs only with What About Now songs replacing This House songs. Since the new material is clearly superior, wouldn't that make the new set list better? The only song that even stands out is The Radio Saved My Life Tonight.

I don't understand the consistent complaining that old set lists were better. It seems like everyone was complaining then that they sucked too.
1) Ballads. Bon Jovi are known for them, remember? That set had I'll Be There For You, Diamond Ring, and Make A Memory. None of which has been seen this tour. Except for a couple of attempts of Always, all we have in that regard is Scars On This Guitar. Which is good for a modern song, but leaves the appetite for their signature love songs completely unfilled.
2) Sure people were complaining back then too, but that was because 2010-2011 setlists were much better. By this trajectory, next tour people will keep complaining that in 2017 Jon sounded better and sets were more interesting. Which is scary to even imagine what's in store for us...