View Single Post

Old 04-18-2017, 03:36 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I didn't go to a show this tour so others who have will have a much better outlook on this tour than me.

From the outside looking in, it's been like a yo-yo. The set lists, whether you care about them or not, have been poor. I Got The Girl (of all songs) has been the only one that's made me go 'wow' and 'Always' but only down to the vocal issues and not thinking JBJ would have the balls to do it.

The performances have got better as the shows have gone on. First few shows, JBJ looked extremely static. It was quite worrying because although his vocals have been an issue, I was hoping that he'd still have the energy for us to not care. His energy only came as the tour went on.

We've had cancellations/postponements. I'm not going to get into what I think was the right thing to do and what was wrong because I haven't been let down so that'd be unfair of me.

What I have loved about this tour is the passion JBJ still has. People might say it's fake but this tour seems different. He does seem happy to be playing venues and being on stage again. He is smiling and it doesn't seem forced. He's including every member up on stage and every show, he looks like he's loving it. He still knows how to work a crowd!

I was watching New Years Day from MSG today and the intro blew me away. My girlfriend looked over and said 'you love it don't you' and I do. She meant I love the small things JBJ does to make me/us smile. Little intros like that are what makes me still love this band. Nobody else could make me smile and enjoy an intro like that except Jon. It's weird but true. When he goes into the crowd for Bad Medicine, I love it. A lot of lead singers do it and it does nothing for me but with JBJ, it's different.

This tour has been quite poor from the outside looking in but it still has many elements for me to be excited to see them again and it's certainly not made me any less of a fan. They're not the same band I've grew up watching but they'd still make me come away happier than any other band.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...