Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Afterthoughts on the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-19-2017, 05:03 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emisambora View Post
- Phil X seems like is not a replacement anymore, is a band member, he own the songs and dig some great solos like KTF and Always.
I'm with you on this one... Phil is a member as far as I'm concerned and even if Richie does return one day, I hope Phil does stay...

Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Really? Where were you? My friends and I had 2nd row and it was amazing to be that close. At the end of the show I got Tico's attention and he tried to hand me his drum stick but some Neanderthal grabbed it from me. I was heartbroken. Tico looked pissed too because he meant it for me, not Big Meanie. Do you remember when Jon went out in the audience and came back with his shirt ripped off? I'm surprised he got back unscathed.
As I've said in every review you posted, I feel good for the fans who still enjoy the shows and have fun with it. I respect that. And I've never tried to change your opinion. However, the opposite is not true. As I've said before, I disagree with the whole "when you're there..." argument because the contrary has worked and has been working FOR ME and for other members here. A lot of people here believe they can judge a show by seeing videos of it (myself included) and a lot of people think you can't. However, every time a person says something negative about a show, he/she gets attacked by RDrooser3 and some other members. They have to learn to accept that there will be diferent opinions and takes on something they see nothing wrong in it.

As for you, I've never said something like the "Really ? Where were you" that you've just sent me. Once again, on most of your reviews I said: "good to know you had fun". But when I lay down my opinion, I get a "Really ? Where where you?". See my point here ?

What you guys must understand is that a lot of people here are not satisfied with the current state of Jon's performances, and you have to respect that in the same way that I respected all your good reviews. I could simply say: "Really ? Are you deaf?" But no. I don't want to change your opinion. I just want to share mine.

Last edited by efpg0708; 04-19-2017 at 07:26 AM..
Old 04-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
As I've said in every review you posted, I feel good for the fans who still enjoy the shows and have fun with it. I respect that. And I've never tried to change your opinion. However, the opposite is not true. As I've said before, I disagree with the whole "when you're there..." argument because the contrary has worked and has been working FOR ME and for other members here. A lot of people here believe they can judge a show by seeing videos of it (myself included) and a lot of people think you can't. However, every time a person says something negative about a show, he/she gets attacked by RDrooser3 and some other members. They have to learn to accept that there will be diferent opinions and takes on something they see nothing wrong in it.

As for you, I've never said something like the "Really ? Where were you" that you've just sent me. Once again, on most of your reviews I said: "good to know you had fun". But when I lay down my opinion, I get a "Really ? Where where you?". See my point here ?

What you guys must understand is that a lot of people here are not satisfied with the current state of Jon's performances, and you have to respect that in the same way that I respected all your good reviews. I could simply say: "Really ? Are you death?" But no. I don't want to change your opinion. I just want to share mine.
So let me ask you this, have you recently been to a Bon Jovi show? In this tour or past tours?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
So let me ask you this, have you recently been to a Bon Jovi show? In this tour or past tours?
Yes. About 30 shows on the 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2013 tours.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post

What you guys must understand is that a lot of people here are not satisfied with the current state of Jon's performances, and you have to respect that in the same way that I respected all your good reviews. I could simply say: "Really ? Are you deaf?" But no. I don't want to change your opinion. I just want to share mine.
That reply was not to you, it was to Melanie who had commented to me about a Knoxville show we both attended. You and I posted about the the same time because I thought my post would directly follow hers but it didn't. However, if you were reading the thread, it should have been obvious I was speaking to Melanie, especially since she answered.

So, there is no cause for to feel disrespected.

Last edited by Becky; 04-19-2017 at 07:49 AM..
Old 04-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
That reply was not to you, it was to Melanie who had commented to me about a Knoxville show we both attended. You and I posted about the the same time because I thought my post would directly follow hers but it didn't. However, if you were reading the thread, it should have been obvious I was speaking to Melanie, especially since she answered.

So, there is no cause for to feel disrespected.
My bad then.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm with you on this one... Phil is a member as far as I'm concerned and even if Richie does return one day, I hope Phil does stay...
Europe tried to stay a 6 piece but it didn't work out. Too many guitars do more harm than good imho...
Old 04-19-2017, 03:19 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Europe tried to stay a 6 piece but it didn't work out. Too many guitars do more harm than good imho...
That have Phil and Shanks now... Swap Richie for Shanks and it's the same thing..

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 03:28 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
He did do Working Man and Born to Follow but I know what you mean... Superman / LTOR / WWWB etc
That´s it

Superman was a semi-hit. LOTR is crowd pleaser with the sing along thing at the end.

Thorn had a great solo outro,

I mean, if you had 3 LH stapple in the set, and it´s an older album...

Also, was good to see no WAN songs on the list...(except BWC a few times)
09/26/2013 - Velez Sarsfield Stadium - Buenos Aires
07/08/2016 - Tom Brasil, Sao Paulo (RS show)

@emiliano_fran
Old 04-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Not necessarily true. I've seen Keith Urban with as many as 4 other guitarists on stage and while they were rotating other instruments such as the banjo and mandolin, it sounded phenomenal. And he certainly does not need anyone other than himself to play lead. It totally depends on the songs and how they are layered.