View Single Post

Old 01-16-2022, 10:46 AM
Undiscovered Posts

I think like most, I would prefer the majority of the setlist to be taken from older material (for me, Bounce and before) but I'm realistic. Jon and/or the band prefer to play a decent amount of the more modern material.

Given Jon's struggles with his voice, I wonder if that increases the chances of seeing David sing In These Arms. I've enjoyed the live recordings I've seen online and the version on Lunar Eclipse, so I'd love to see him sing it live. It would probably be sensible to let Phil X take the mic for a song and I wouldn't mind if he played one of his own. Hell, why not let Tico sing Only in my Dreams?

Another thing I'd enjoy that would help with Jon's voice which someone else also mentioned is extended versions of songs. I thought Keep the Faith was one of the highlights of the drive-in gig. I'd absolutely love extended versions like they used to play on the New Jersey tour, particularly Blood on Blood, but I think that's pretty unrealistic. I imagine Jon sees that stuff as a thing of the past when they were younger and Alec and Richie were part of the band.

I'd be very happy if they played some rarities from any pre-Crush album, or failing that from Crush or Bounce. I'd also love to see Jon on the harmonica at the end of BTBMB or These Days like he used to do, but I imagine that's also a pipe dream.

Hey, I can dream!