View Single Post

Old 09-05-2017, 01:11 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Some would agree with you and you're entitled to your opinion of course but to me, that latter 2013 tour was kickass!! Jon was holding the whole thing together like a champ, and while a lot were whining and saying it sucked I couldn't have been more pleased with what I was seeing. Good and somewhat varied setlists, great guitar collaborations between Phil, Bobby and Jon, shows were upbeat and fun! Did Jon sound perfect?? Hell no!! But he was giving enough showmanship to compensate for it, something which he isn't doing now. So while a lot of you are seeing when Richie left as the time things started to fall apart, I see it a bit differently since nothing in that tour felt like it was falling apart to me. Of course, that's JMO....
I'm glad you enjoyed those shows, Javier. There were a few moments I enjoyed - Jon Bon Marco, the choreography in Milan, Phil-X's mash up of Stairway to Heaven and Highway to Hell. Most of them weren't that great, imo, because there was just something lacking and they made me sad, for obvious reasons.

My comment about that being when the band started falling apart was based more on what I read from others here than on what I thought about it. I'm self-aware enough to know that my personal opinion was skewed to begin with; there was no "started" to it; it just fell apart, period.

I personally wish the whole tour hadn't happened. But I'm glad it represented something totally different to you.