View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 04:15 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I'd have paid good money to see this show 10 years ago but nowadays a ticket for a Bryan Adams show costs half the price of a Bon Jovi ticket over here. I'm wondering how Jon is going to survive back to back shows in New York considering his voice was toast by the time he'd done 5 shows in Europe. I've a feeling this'll be the start of the 18-20 song setlists.

They've clearly booked a big support act though. Bryan Adams needs these shows for the exposure and Bon Jovi are obviously aware they can't sell enough tickets to warrant arena shows anymore. I'm sure there's limitations to Bryan Adams' show though. No use of visuals and no light show. If he's allowed to do that he'll play Bon Jovi off the stage very much like Kid Rock did back when they supported Bon Jovi on an off night in New Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Interesting take but how so? They've had openers like Goo Goo Dolls, Daughtry, Kid Rock, etc all bigger draws for their time period. This isn't anything different then that, it's just different than having a local opener.
This is very different. Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry can't be compared to Bryan Adams. Bryan Adams has over 10 top 10 hits in the Billboard Hot 100 including several big number 1 songs much like Bon Jovi had. Goo Goo Dolls have had 2. Daughtry had 2 as well. Both of these acts combined still haven't sold the amount of records Bryan Adams has sold. I'd say this is one of their biggest support acts they've ever had.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan