View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 06:14 PM
Dry County

https://youtu.be/BcxLrLf5e3w

Oh yeah, what a terrible frontman... especially near the end, he doesn't have any qualities needed for any type of a stage performer left at all, he's absolutely horrible...

Am I exaggerating on purpose? Yes. Bottom line is, sometimes it really feels like that for some of you, Jon can't do anything anymore. When he's not moving, people are complaining that him being static only highlights his poor vocals when there's nothing else to focus on. When he's moving, he's supposedly no longer a great frontman (and that was just Seb's opinion, but then again he seems to care only about Jon's vocals) and when he can't sing, he basically can't do anything else either and him moving around is suddenly just a cover-up to take the crowd's attention away from his voice - which is probably true to an extent, but let's indeed remember that he's been doing this for a long time and moving around, the different types of interaction with fans, etc. is not only what's expected from him, but by now all of this has basically become second nature for him.

In addition to him not having been able to sing for years now anyway, I was very disappointed with him as a frontman on the 2017 North American tour as well as during the two shows in Japan 2018, where he indeed was glued to the mic for (more than) half the time. That said, he seemed to flip some switch by the time they hit Brisbane and Sydney during the Australian tour following it and was suddenly very active on stage again. The sudden increase of energy continued on and on during the European tour and Jon's regained frontmanship made the Nijmegen, Dublin night #2, Düsseldorf and Rio shows last year very enjoyable in comparison to most late 2013-2018 shows. Of course his vocals were still awful, but him working the crowds like crazy and pouring every bit of energy into his performances he could manage made a huge difference. That's something I won't deny, no matter which kinds of contradictions I'll get from this post.

Last edited by BJFan99; 02-05-2020 at 11:54 PM..