View Single Post

Old 01-15-2020, 09:17 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
This actually seems to be the case on quite many bands and artists. You see a show and at the moment you think it's fantastic, but afterwards you see some youtube video and notice flaws that you either didn't pick up or they didn't stick out as majorly in the live situation.

However, I also recall you saying pretty soon after the shows that even in person you could hear all the bum notes from Jon. If you really did and enjoyed the shows nonetheless, with good company or not (and not even good company AND being drunk could save me from cringing at Jon's vocals in Tallinn at the actual show), what was so shocking about the recordings then? It wasn't like you were expecting the vocals to be any better on them either, right?
I think it's more to the fact that you've been jumping between the extremes for years now - from trashing Jon because of his singing to praising him again despite his singing and trashing those who stated just that.
What's the definition of a great singer for you? Being an athlete on stage or being a good singer? Case in point: In Saratoga 2010, Jon was sitting on a stool for pretty much the entire show, yet it was a stunning show, very intense and far better than probably all of the last 5 years.