View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 07:56 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I personally think it's primarily because Jon has found a formula that gets him thru the night and he doesn't want to step outside of that. From the complaints I've read here, it seems like the variety was gone long before either of them left.

However, I do remember seeing Richie feeding Jon the lyrics and walking him thru the beginning of at least one fan request (STYG, iirc); and I remember one show where Richie started the intro on another request but Jon stopped him, and said something like, "no we ain't doing that... "

So I'm curious. If either of them actually does play a part in it, what makes you think it was Bobby' departure, more than Richie's, that keeps Jon from taking requests or doing songs that would be out of the ordinary?

FWIW the one about Jon stopping Richie from doing that song he was playing it too, it felt like a weird bit.

Bobby was called the human jukebox for a reason. There were some rarer songs on I THINK it was The Circle tour where Bobby was the one playing instead of Richie (Santa Fe comes to mind). I think now it's even more work having Everett, Shanks and Phil learn a new song to throw in. That and Jon's voice.