View Single Post

Old 01-19-2020, 07:31 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
At my last December BA show he played "Ill Always Be Right There" and "The Best Of Me" ,songs that havent been played a lot on the last tours.
I get what you mean,its a request set,but the majority of the songs he played there are over played on the previous tours,and rehearsed,but ,sometimes you get a surprise that with Bon Jovi,since 2011,its impossible to get.
Since Richies departure,those kind of things are over in Bon Jovi.
Oh, I agree with how Bryan Adams' setlists are now more diverse than your average Bon Jovi show. If he's smart he'll incorporate one of these fake requests in his support slot. Most people in attendance won't have a clue his requests are nonsense and it's easy to win over a crowd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Frankly, I disagree. But we are all entitled to our opinions.

I'm not sure when or how playing like the album, or being rehearsed became a bad thing?
It's not necessarily a bad thing but it doesn't make you anything special either. Keith Scott is reliable but he's reliable exactly because he's only capable of playing a song the way he's recorded it and constantly does so. There's no spontanety in his solo's and if you constantly play something the same way you'll eventually lose the feel of it as well.

Your example of Touch The Hand shows this quite well. Most of the licks he does are easy and constant repeats, there's an endless list of bum notes in that solo and once he does something impressive he always follows it up with the same long note, incapable of constructing one thing to the other. His timing is just so off during his improvisations it makes it hard to listen to once you notice it. I'm not saying he's a sloppy hack but he's hardly memorable or underrated either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Bobby was called the human jukebox for a reason. There were some rarer songs on I THINK it was The Circle tour where Bobby was the one playing instead of Richie (Santa Fe comes to mind). I think now it's even more work having Everett, Shanks and Phil learn a new song to throw in. That and Jon's voice.
Going by what Bobby Bandiera's played when he was in Bon Jovi he's as much of a human jukebox as your average fan playing guitar in his bedroom. It's not Bandiera leaving what's caused this band to stop playing different sets, it's because Jon has to relearn how to sing every song and he refuses to do so as the current 20 are enough of a struggle already. I've no idea why people think it's that hard for a musician to learn how to play a song, especially when it's a Bon Jovi song. Bobby wasn't playing Santa Fe because Richie couldn't, Bobby was playing because Richie couldn't be arsed.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 01-19-2020 at 07:40 AM..