View Single Post

Old 04-21-2020, 03:19 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
Yes but the figuring out with football , here at least, seems to be the pointless determination to complete this season come what may and whether this then shifts the date of following seasons making the usual summer availability up in the air before these concerts can confirm new dates. Realistically there's not likely going to be any concerts for a good few months, probably the year, and kudos for BJ taken the decision to cancel and being very clear with it.
I get that, but it shouldn’t be too difficult as at most that stadium will be used once a week, since no other team is operating it besides Spurs. It’s not the logistical nightmare like in the US, where there are multiple NBA and NFL games being played in the same arena each week. The only other competition for dates would come from other artists (who weren’t even planning to tour in summer of 2020, but are planning in 2021), but there aren’t many who can tour at a stadium level to begin with and London (and its nearby areas) has several other stadiums to choose from - Wembley, Olympic, Twickenham, Emirates, MK and probably a few more that I’m missing.

I was thinking festivals might be a bigger hiccup to postpone, but the GNR tour has only 2 festival shows in Europe, and the rest are standalone shows that should be relatively straightforward to postpone.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I’d be shocked if Axl’s cash cow business do not go the postpone route as I don’t see large obstacles.