View Single Post

Old 01-24-2020, 06:46 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
None of that is far off with the current band. The dude is more respected and probably sounds better BUT what the band is doing isn't that different than the standard.
I'm not so sure about that. U2, Guns N' Roses and Metallica have all done stadium tours similar to Bon Jovi. But while these bands have a very tight production with impressive visuals and pyro all Bon Jovi offers are tacky videos of stripper silhouettes during Bad Medicine and a poorly designed stage. I reckon Bon Jovi are lucky they've got an audience that consists mostly of fans who rarely go to other bands anymore and have no sense of what other acts offer. Once you start comparing like you're currently doing Bon Jovi is in no way in the same league anymore.

The reason Bryan Adams is still as popular as he is in Europe despite not having had a big European hit in 20 years is because he's always kept his prices low and is a consistent live act. I've paid 40 Euro's for a Bryan Adams ticket in 2003 and 50 for Bon Jovi. I paid 65 for Bryan Adams last year and had to pay 100 for a similar Bon Jovi ticket. And Holland is a relatively cheap market, prices in the U.K. have increased a lot more. Both acts still offer the same thing they did 20 years ago but while one act has gotten a lot worse Bryan Adams plays longer shows than he did back then, does a more varied set than he did back then and still seems to enjoy himself on stage all the time.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 01-24-2020 at 06:48 PM..