View Single Post

Old 01-21-2020, 10:39 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That's not what had been said. It's not necessary, but it's great on top of singing like in Bryan Adam's case who sounds good and moves around a lot. It's not a replacement for the unability of singing decent though - Jon moving around, but not being able to sing in key/time is what doesn't cut it for most of us (except BJFan99).
Trust me, I'm very bothered about Jon's vocals and cringe very often when listening to his recent live stuff. However, him still being a great and charismatic performer on the other aspects takes just a little bit of the pain away and makes it easier to enjoy the odd performance here and there (Bad Medicine in Philly, Saturday Night and These Days in Sao Paulo, and IBTFY in Nijmegen - I think it was - are examples of this from the last tour).

It's not about me getting insanely excited when he simply runs and jumps around on stage, it's about the connection between him and the audience as well as the experience of a concert bringing us and the band "together", which largely makes or breaks a show for BJ nowadays. Even something like Dublin night #2 last year, probably one of the best gigs of the last 5-6 years and one where I actually think Jon *almost* nailed a few songs, is largely painful to simply listen to, but when you actually see Jon work his ass off and put on a kickass energetic show with the audience in the palm of his hands, no matter how horrendous he may sound (and he does, there's no denying it), that's when I feel the most at ease and get the most enjoyment out of the current Bon Jovi as a live band.

Last edited by BJFan99; 01-21-2020 at 10:42 PM..